Sam Lucas Smith is an Irish writer, actor, and director based in London and Los Angeles where he is represented by THRULINE ENTERTAINMENT and CESD TALENT AGENCY.
Sam graduated with a Master’s degree in Screenwriting from the National Film School at IADT and he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Acting from the MMU School of Theatre before going on to train as part of the Bow Street Screen Acting Academy in Dublin.
Sam’s previous work includes popular BBC dramas such as WATERLOO ROAD, the EMMY AWARD-WINNING VIKINGS, and acclaimed feature films such as KILLERS WITHIN and IMPERFECT SKY, for which Sam won BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR at the Sydney Independent Film Festival.
Sam was selected as one of this year’s BAFTA LA NEWCOMERS, which recognizes up-and-coming international talent, he was named as Film Daily’s FILMMAKER OF THE DAY following the success of his directorial debut with BUY THE DIP, and his work has screened at major festivals and venues including the TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Comedy Film Festival, Galway Film Fleadh, Festival de Cannes.
As a multidisciplinary artist, Sam has achieved success as a writer-director, regularly acting in and directing his own work. Sam’s latest self-produced films include:
- DEATH OF AN ANDROID – the multi-award winning comedy which Sam wrote and directed alongside Heath Cullens (Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Black Jesus, You’re the Worst).
- BUY THE DIP – winner of BEST ORIGINAL STORY at the Hollywood Comedy Film Festival; the cryptocurrency comedy proved to be a viral success, achieving 50,000 views within a week of its public release, and has gone on to be featured by major publications such as FUNNY OR DIE and THE NEXT WEB.
- OKAY GOOGLE – the upcoming dark comedy film in which Sam stars alongside acclaimed actor-singer Rebecca Black
- FRIDGE – starring British actress Sohm Kapila as an obnoxious smart-fridge who fat-shames her owner (Sam) after she catches him eating ice-cream.
NEWS / PRESS
- Sam stars alongside Rebecca Black in the upcoming dark comedy film OKAY GOOGLE
- Film Forums interview: There’s nothing artificial about Sam Lucas Smith, director of OKAY GOOGLE
- Sam Lucas Smith on Not Being Irish | Film Ireland Magazine
- Rebecca Black Is a Vindictive AI in Sam Lucas Smith’s New Film – ECHOWAVE MAGAZINE
- DEATH OF AN ANDROID has its debut screening at TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
- BUY THE DIP and DEATH OF AN ANDROID official selections for Hollywood Comedy Shorts Film Festival.
- TWIT: Tech News Weekly podcast interview: Sam Lucas Smith talks OKAY GOOGLE
- Sam joins cast of Maurice O’Carroll’s upcoming comedy series ‘Sucking Diesel’.
- FILM DAILY article FILMMAKER OF THE DAY: SAM LUCAS SMITH
- Currently filming lead role feature film ‘Dub Daze’, to be directed by Shane J. Collins.
- Awarded “Best Supporting Actor” at the Sydney Independent Film Festival for work as Abel in award winning US feature film ‘Imperfect Sky’.
Sam graduated from the MMU School of Theatre and went on to train at the Bow Street academy for Screen Acting in Dublin. He graduated with an MA in Screenwriting from Dublin’s IADT National Film School and he has further experience in improvisation and comedy, having trained at the renowned Upright Citizen’s Brigade theatre in Los Angeles and the Soho Theatre comedy school in London.
As an established voiceover artist, Sam has narrated commercials for major brands such as Jeep, Meteor Mobile and Glo-Health and he has provided character voices for an extensive list of films, animations and popular video games, such as Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. For booking inquiries get in touch via the link above.