Sam’s latest film, DEATH OF AN ANDROID had its debut screening at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood as part of the Hollywood Comedy Shorts Film Festival. Sam wrote and stars in the dark comedy film which was directed by Heath Cullens (Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Black Jesus, You’re The Worst) alongside leading comedy actor Greg Romero Wilson, soon to be seen in Greg Daniels’ Amazon Studios comedy series UPLOAD.
Sam wrote, directed, and stars in the multi-award-winning Cryptocurrency themed comedy has just completed filming lead role in Irish-Hungarian co-production ‘Anthesis’. His recent work includes the part of James in the upcoming feature film ‘Writing Home’, which opened at this year’s Galway Film Fleadh; he plays the lead in Peter J.McCarthy’s multi-award winning ‘Hunters Fall’; he will soon be seen in the upcoming thriller feature film ‘Killers within’ and he plays the part of Michael alongside Jim Norton and Nora Jane-Noone in the 6 part drama ‘Deception’ which is currently airing on TV3.
NEWS / PRESS
- DEATH OF AN ANDROID has its debut screening at TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
- BUY THE DIP and DEATH OF AN ANDROID official selections for Hollywood Comedy Shorts Film Festival.
- Sam joins cast of Maurice O’Carroll’s upcoming comedy series ‘Sucking Diesel’.
- FILM DAILY article FILMMAKER OF THE DAY: SAM LUCAS SMITH
- Currently filming lead role feature film ‘Dub Daze’, to be directed by Shane J. Collins.
- Awarded “Best Supporting Actor” at the Sydney Independent Film Festival for work as Abel in award winning US feature film ‘Imperfect Sky’.
Fergal Doherty in the BBC television drama series ‘Waterloo Road’
Edwin in the major US television series ‘Vikings’
Kyle Scott in the BBC medical drama ‘Casualty’
Michael in the 6 part television drama ‘Deception’ for TV3
Will Williams in the BBC WWII drama ‘My Mother and Other Strangers’
Abel in the Imperative Pictures feature film ‘Imperfect Sky’
Sam graduated from the MMU School of Theatre and went on to train at the Bow Street academy for Screen Acting in Dublin. He graduated with an MA in Screenwriting from Dublin’s IADT National Film School and he has further experience in improvisation and comedy, having trained at the renowned Upright Citizen’s Brigade theatre in Los Angeles and the Soho Theatre comedy school in London.
As an established voiceover artist, Sam has narrated commercials for major brands such as Jeep, Meteor Mobile and Glo-Health and he has provided character voices for an extensive list of films, animations and popular video games, such as Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. For booking inquiries get in touch via the link above.